Artex 406 MHz ELT 1000 Complete Kit | 8203
The complete Artex ELT 1000 package including 406 MHz ELT, whip antenna, remote switch, installation kit, audio buzzer, and connectors.
Artex's ELT 1000 is an excellent, cost-efficient option for upgrading standard 121.5 MHz transmitters, which are no longer monitored by the Cospas-Sarsat System. The ELT 1000 is a single-ouput ELT that transmits on both 406 MHz and 121.5 MHz using the same RF output and one coax cable.
The 406 signal alone produces an accurate position within 1.86 miles and when paired with the aircraft's navigation system via the built-in GPS interface, the ELT's accuracy is further improved to about 110 yards. The GPS interface does not require aircraft power to operate and the remote switch only requires two wires, which reduces installation costs and labor.
- 406 MHz ELT
- Whip antenna (110-773)
- Remote switch (8304)
- Installation kit
- Audio buzzer and connectors
- Automatic fixed emergency locator transmitter
- Single antenna output for emergency transmission on both 406 MHz (Cospas-Sarsat) and 121.5 MHz frequencies
- Enhanced positional accuracy with a GPS interface that does not require aircraft power
- Encoded digital message broadcasts aircraft identification, registration and owner, and emergency contact details
- Weight: 2.2 lb (996 g) with tray
- 6-year, LiSO2 battery
- Cospas-Sarsat, FAA TSO, Industry Canada approved
|Dimensions||6.59 × 3.69 × 2.86 in|
FAA TSO C126b, Cospas-Sarsat, Industry Canada approved
121.5 MHz +/- 5 KHz
406 MHz: SW for 24 hours @-20°C to +55°C (-4°F -131°F)
Automatic by 4.5 ft/sec (2.3 G)
6-year Lithium LiSO₂
Operating: -20°C to +55°C (-4°F – 131 °F)