No products in the cart.
Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
Artex C406-2 ELT | 453-5000
Artex C406-2 series Emergency Locator Transmitter is an automatic fixed type ELT that transmits on 121.5, 243.0, and 406 MHz frequencies.
In the event of a crash, the Artex C406-2 ELT automatically activates transmitting the standard swept tone on 121.5 and 243.0 MHz. It also transmits a 406 MHz encoded digital message to the Cospas/Sarsat satellite system, which allows for rapid identification and reduces Search and Rescue response time.
Model C406-2 is a dual BNC/TNC output ELT with an automatic G-switch for fixed wing applications. Compatible with optional Nav Interface. This variant (PN# 453-500) includes an C406-2 ELT transmitter and 452-0133 Lithium battery.
Artex C406-2 ELT | 453-5000 Features
Designated for commercial, business, and military aviation requirements.
- Operates on 121.5, 243, and 406 MHz frequencies for global coverage
- RF output
- Rod, whip, and blade antenna compatible
- Compatible with an aircraft navigation system with optional interface
- Automatic or manual activation
- 5-year lithium battery
- Self-tests: G-Switch Enabled, 406 MHz Power Antenna/Coax Connection, Position Data Present, and Low Battery
- Immediate search & rescue response upon complete registration
- Mounting tray bolt hole location compatible with most Artex two-frequency ELTs
|Dimensions||11.74 × 3.9 × 3.82 in|
TSO C91a, C126
406 MHz, 121.5 MHz, 243 MHz ±0.005% (A3X)
406 MHz: 5W (520 ms/50 sec) for 24 hours @ -20°C to 55°C
BNC Female (121.5/243.0)
Automatic by 4.5 feet per second (2.3 G) Primary G-Switch or Manual Activation
Operating: -20°C to 55°C, Storage: -55°C to 85°C
5-year Lithium (LiMnO2, solid cathode), Replacement Battery PN 452-0133
3.16 lb (1.43 kg), ELT transmitter