Sandia STX 165R Remote Transponder – Certified
Sandia Aerospace STX-165R Remote Mode C Transponder is a remote unit that is controlled by existing aircraft navigation units.
Sandia STX 165R is a remote Mode C transponder that weighs only 1.16lbs and requires a mere 200mA current at 28Vdc. It can be fully controlled by aircraft navigators with the capability. This transponder will work with MGL, GRT, DYNON Avionics, and Advance Flight. It is also ideally suited for use in UAVs where weight and current are primary concerns.
The STX-165R accepts either Gilham Gray Code or RS-232 altitude input for Mode C operation and can be mounted vertically or horizontally with or without a mounting tray.
- Simplified installation with a built-in encoder
- ADS-B Compatible with UAT 978 systems
- Three function timer includes elapsed time, up timer, and down timer
- Compatible with STP 78 OAT probe (sold separately)
- Compact and lightweight weighs only 1.3 lb
- Ideal for LSA, glider, and UAV operations with a low current requirement
- DO160F, DO 178B level C, TSO C74d, TSO D88b (encoder) certified
|Dimensions||3 × 1.8 × 6.9 in|
DO160F, DO 178B level C, TSO C74d
11 – 33 VDC
360 mA @ 14 VDC
200 watts, nominal
-20°C to 55°C
-1,000 to 35,000 ft