Trig TA50 Compact GPS Antenna – 118″
Trig TA50 is a space-saving antenna perfect for gliders, light sport, or experimental aircraft where mounting options are limited and space is tight. The TA50 is a highly compact uncertified GPS antenna, typically attached to the cockpit glare shield. Trig TA50 antenna is weatherproof and can be mounted externally. It has been developed to provide trouble-free operation with the TN72 GPS Position Source.
The TA50 comes complete with a secure and reliable QMA connector – this plugs straight into a TN72 GPS unit. Using a TA50 antenna and a TN72 together is a cost-effective way to turn your Trig Mode S transponder into an ADS-B Out device. Use the TA50 as part of your ADS-B solution to get all the benefits of greater visibility and safety.
Trig TA50 GPS Antenna Features
- Optimized to be used as a GPS position source
- Lightweight and easy plug-in-play installation
- Can be paired with The TN72 GPS receivers from Trig
- Meets FAR 91.227 when used with TN72
- Complete with a secure and reliable QMA connector
- Two-year warranty from date of install, U.S. based technical support
Trig TA50 GPS antenna will require a 180-degree view of the sky for optimum GPS reception. It is less suitable in metal high wing aircraft where physical masking of a GPS signal will potentially affect performance.
|Dimensions||0.9 × 1 × 0.5 in|
118 Inches (300cm)
1575.42 ±3 MHz
-20 dB, minimum
1.5 dB, maximum
|DC Power Requirements||
3 VDC — 5 VDC
-40°C to 85°C