No products in the cart.
Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
uAvionix skySensor – ADS-B In, Experimental
Live ADS-B Traffic and Weather, LED Nav Light, Strobe Light, WiFi, and GPS.
uAvionix skySensor EXP - a perfect companion to uAvionix skyBeacon ADS-B Out - provides an easy path for dual-band ADS-B in solution.
The skySensor replaces your existing wingtip position light and uses the existing mounting location, circuit breaker, and wiring while integrating LED Navigation and Anti-Collision Strobe lights.
This subscription-free device provides in-flight weather information on both 978 MHz and 1,090 MHz and delivers in real-time aircraft position and weather overlays to EFB supported applications using the GDL90 protocol, such as ForeFlight Mobile, FLTPlan Go, FlyQ, WingX, and many other applications.
uAvionix skySensor Features
- Dual-link ADS-B receiver operates on legacy 1,090 MHz ADS-B traffic and UAT & uplink data
- Meets MOPs of DO-260B & DO-282B
- Position light meets performance requirements of TSO-C30c Type I
- Temperature-controlled static pressure sensor offers integrated precision accurate up to 80,000 ft
- Integrated RAIM processor for Security and Integrity protection
- SBAS corrections and health messages used to detect and correct satellite errors
- Satellite pseudo range step errors detected and excluded
- SBAS fast and long-term corrections applied
- Integrated Wi-Fi to transmit in-flight weather, NEXRAD radar, METARS, TAFs, TFRs, AIRMETs, SIGMETs, and NOTAMS to EFB applications
uAvionix skySensor receives dual-band ADS-B traffic information. 1090ES and 978(UAT) traffic broadcasts are displayed on supported EFB moving maps relative to your aircraft position and altitude.
- Receives 978MHz (UAT) and 1090MHz (1090ES) frequencies
- TIS-B Traffic reports of non-ADS-B equipped aircraft from FAA ground stations
- ADS-R rebroadcasts of ADS-B traffic from FAA ground stations
uAvionix skySensor receives subscription-free in-flight weather (FIS-B) directly from FAA ground stations. FIS-B includes the following weather information:
- NEXRAD radar
- Winds and temps aloft
uAvionix skySensor features a highly-accurate SBAS GPS. Four GNSS systems (WAAS GPS, Galileo, GLONASS, and BeiDu) are supported, and skySensor can track three constellations concurrently for redundant location tracking. The GPS information is available to your EFB via Wi-Fi.
uAvionix skySensor is an ADS-B dual band receiver built into a wingtip, starboard position, and anti-collision light. This subscription-free device provides in-flight weather information on both 978 MHz and 1,090 MHz and delivers in real-time aircraft position and weather overlays to EFB supported applications using the GDL90 protocol, such as ForeFlight Mobile, FLTPlan Go, FlyQ, WingX, and many other applications.
uAvionix skySensor is designed to complete your uAvionix skyBeacon installation by providing an ADS-B receiver matching the right wingtip ADB-B out device. Together, these units provide a complete ADS-B compliant solution, including a dual-band ADB-S receiver, a static pressure sensor, and a GPS receiver. Traffic, weather, and position data are transmitted over Wi-Fi to GDL90-compatible EFBs using the AV-LINK (experimental) Wi-Fi module.
Popular Apps compatible with skySensor (supporting GDL90)
|Dimensions||4.9 × 4.6 × 1.9 in|
11 VDC — 31 VDC
-45°C to 80°C
|LED POSITION LIGHT|
iOS & Android