No products in the cart.
Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
ELT 345 Standard Kit | 23in Whip Antenna, Standard Remote Switch – FAA TSO
Artex ELT 345 transmits on 406 MHz and 121.5 MHz frequencies and can provide position accuracy with an optional GPS input thanks to the built-in GPS navigational interface. GPS data is embedded from the first emergency transmission and provides Search and Rescue personnel with the aircraft location, within 100 meters, in less than a minute.
This unit can be activated manually with (remote switch or ELT switch) or automatically (the G-switch detects a 2.3G or greater impact). Once activated, the ELT 345 transmits a 406 MHz signal with the beacon's unique registration information and embedded GPS coordinates to the closest search and rescue agency via the Cospas-Sarsat satellite system. The beacon also transmits a 121.5 MHz homing signal to assist search and rescue to pinpoint the aircraft's GPS location.
The ELT 345 provides a quick-and-easy retrofit opportunity with flexible installation options (standard or slim style two-wire remote switch). The ELT utilizes the same RF output using only one coax cable to transmit both 406 MHz and 121.5 MHz signals through either a 15- or 23-inch whip antenna. The ELT's built-in navigational interface does not require aircraft power to operate—which results in lower installation costs—and the stainless steel mounting bracket supplied with the unit has a multiple hole mounting pattern to accommodate legacy footprints.
The ELT 345 Standard Kit (Manufacturer's Part # 8102) includes a 23.4-inch black whip antenna, standard 2-wire remote switch, fresh 6-year lithium battery (LiMnO2), buzzer, mounting tray, 6 ft BNC to BNC coax cable, and install kit.
Artex ELT 345 Standard Kit
- Automatic Fixed (AF) Emergency Locator Transmitter (ELT)
- FAA TSO Approved
- Designed for a quick and easy first-time or retrofit installation in experimental and general aviation aircraft
- Installation kit included
- Stainless steel mounting bracket has multiple hole pattern configurations to match legacy ARTEX ELTs as well as ACK, Kannad or AmeriKing ELTs
- Single antenna output for emergency transmission on both 406 MHz (Cospas-Sarsat) and 121.5 MHz (local Search & Rescue) frequencies
- Optional enhanced position accuracy within 100 meters through a built-in GPS interface (NMEA 0183 or RS 232)
- Hermetically sealed G-Switch for increased reliability
- Test the ELT and installation with a satellite-based online confirmation test via ARTEX’s proprietary satellite testing service 406Test.com
Artex ELT 345 Standard Kit Includes
- ELT 345
- Fresh 6-year lithium battery (LiMnO2)
- 23.4-inch black whip antenna
- Standard 2-wire remote switch (2 x 1.30 Inches)
- Audio Buzzer (Alerts Ground Crews of Inadvertent Activations)
- Mounting tray
- 6 ft BNC to BNC coax cable
|Dimensions||6.4 × 2.96 × 3.78 in|
121.5 MHz ± 6.075 kHz (Emission Designator 3K20A3X)
406 MHz: 5W for 24 hr @ -20°C to 55°C (-4°F to 121°F)
automatic by 4.5 ft/sec (2.3 G ) primary G-Switch and manual activation
6-year, Lithium LiMnO2
|Temperature Certified to|
Operating: -20°C to 55°C (-4°F to 131°F)
G-Switch enabled, 406 MHz and 121.5 MHz power, NAV system, low battery
Cospas-Sarsat, FAA TSO (C126b, C142a), Industry Canada