Artex ME406HM ELT | 453-6604 | Helicopter
Artex ME406HM ELT is a single output ELT that uses the same RF output and only one coax cable to transmit a 406 MHZ emergency signal to the Cospas-Sarsat satellites and a local 121.5 homing signal.
In the event of a crash, the ELT activates and transmits a continuous swept tone of 121.5 MHz while the 406 MHz transmitter sends an encoded 5-watt signal to the Cospas-Sarsat Satellites every 50 seconds for 440 milliseconds.
This variant of the ME406 ELT helicopter model (PN# 453-6604) includes an ME406HZ ELT transmitter and battery rated for six years.
Artex ME406HM ELT Features
Artex ME406HM ELT can be mounted using the same footprint as many other ELT sits mounting hardware is compatible with all previous models of Artex 406 MHz ELT products, as well as the ELT-300 series, ACK Pointer Model 3000, and Narco ELTs. Additionally, current owners of Artex 2-frequency TSO C91a ELTs can reuse the remote switch in the cockpit as well as the wiring harness from the cockpit to the ELT—which reduces installation cost.
- Automatic Fixed Emergency Locator Transmitter
- Model for helicopter installations, 5-Way G switch
- Multiple Axis G-Switch for helicopters
- Fixed wing and helicopter applications
- Single antenna output for both 121.5 and 406 MHz frequencies
- Worldwide coverage
- 6-year, LiMnO2 battery life (replacement battery part No. 455-0012)
- TSO C126, ETSO 2C126, Cospas/Sarsat, and Transport and Industry Canada approved
|Dimensions||6.59 × 2.86 × 3.69 in|
406 MHz ± 1 kHz Biphase L (16K0GID)
406 MHz: 5W(440ms/50sec) for 24 hours @ -20°C to +55°C
Automatic by 4.5ft/sec (2.3 G) Primary
Operating: -20°C to +55°C
6-year LiMnO2 (PN 455-0012)
G-Switch enabled 406 MHz Power