No products in the cart.
Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
Sandia SAE5-35 Altitude Encoder
The SAE 5-35 altitude encoder provides accurate altitude data by combining altitude encoding, digital altitude on two RS-232 outputs, and altitude inflight monitoring (AIM) into a single compact and reliable unit.
The SAE 5-35 provides Gillham Grey Code to the aircraft’s Mode C transponder using innovative pressure circuitry that greatly reduces warm-up time.
This unit provides altitude data from -1,000 to 35,000 feet — ideal for installations in a piston, turbine, and jet aircraft.
Sandia SAE5-35 Altitude Encoder Features
- Certified to 35,000 feet
- Transponder Grey Code resolution in 100 feet
- AIM system maintains selected altitude
- Alerts when deviations of 100 ft or more occur
- Two RS232 digital output with a 10-foot resolution
- Digital altitude for GPS and TAWS systems
- Altitude In-flight monitoring
- Low profile — only 1.1 inch — for versatile mounting options
- TSO approval
|Dimensions||4.87 × 4.74 × 1.06 in|
|Altitude inflight monitoring (AIM) output|
80mA maximum lamp current
0.9 A (with the heater on)
One grey code
Grey code 100 ft
50 ft or better throughout the range